The Pre-Award phase begins with the announcement of funding opportunities for grants and involves the preparation, submission, and review of proposals to those announcements.
- Search - Search for grants and cooperative agreements
- Apply - Apply for a grant: Grants.gov, The Texas Coordinating Board, Perkins Grant Initiation eForm.
- Review - Agency reviews our application
The Award phase involves making funding decisions and notifying awardees of their selection for a grant.
- Response - Applicants are notified of the funding decision
- Processing - Agency reviews, approves, and sends award documents to awardees
The Post-Award phase involves setting up accounts in the financial payment system and monitoring awardees for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and submission of required reports.
- Payments - Awardee sets up an account in the Automated Standard Application for Payments (ASAP) system to receive funding
- Monitoring - Awardee and Agency each monitor grant activities to ensure compliance with specific program policies, regulations, and required reporting, including annual accomplishments reports
The close-out phase of the grant lifecycle involves the submission, review, and approval of all final reports as required by specific program policies and regulations.
- Reporting - Awardee submits the final financial report and final technical report
- Review and Approval - Agency reviews and approves final financial and technical reports for regulatory compliance and quality of final technical accomplishment descriptions
Shawn Bailey, Grant Coordinator
Phone: (254) 526-3084
Building 136, Room 119